Your List of Best Payroll Software For Solar Installation Businesses
Solar energy is a renewable clean source of electricity. More and more people are using solar energy as either their backup power, an alternate source of power, or their main source of electricity. Solar energy may power 40% of US electricity by 2035. And it’s not just private individuals who are turning to solar energy for their power needs.
Various companies from different sectors have started the shift to solar energy. Undeniably, more and more consumers are looking for a cleaner energy source that is also affordable and renewable. After all, the sun emits more energy than we could ever need.
So, with the shift to solar energy happening both in households and in businesses, there is more demand for solar panel installation providers. With the increasing customer base, solar installation businesses may find themselves in need of manpower, or at least some help with certain aspects of their business.
Automation is a good way of getting a lot of work done in a fraction of the time it would take a human to accomplish. Tools like document management software and automated payroll systems can aid your solar installation business. Below is a compiled list of some of the best payroll software for solar installation businesses that can help.
Much like other payroll software, Gusto offers direct deposit or checks to pay your employees. They also automatically track and file taxes — state, local, and federal. The clearing of direct deposits depends on the level of the plan to which you subscribe. They offer four tiers for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) with the highest tier having the shortest clearing wait time — next day clearing.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It is a full-service payroll system.
- It tracks paid time off
- It offers unlimited payroll runs.
- Automatic end-of-year tax form filing.
- It offers health benefits and workers’ compensation administration.
- For the Basic tier, Gusto only files taxes for one state. So, if you have remote employees in different states, you’ll need to upgrade your tier.
- Dedicated support is only available for the Concierge tier.
- Their customer service rating has taken a hit recently.
Price: Basic plan is $19 per month, $6 per person per month. Price raises per tier upgrade.
If you are a growing business, Paychex Flex might be the right payroll service for you. It combines human resources software with cloud-based payroll management. Just what a growing business needs. It has three customizable packages, so your payroll system will actually grow as you grow, adjusting to your changing needs.
- The reporting feature gives you most of what you might need as a growing business.
- Paychex Flex offers 24/7 customer support.
- It includes integrations like accounting and benefits apps.
- Combines both HR and payroll management in one.
- The software is easy to set up and run.
- Automated tax filing is also offered.
- All packages are customizable to fit your needs.
- It is pricey. The starting per-payee price may be affordable, but the add-ons can get expensive.
- There are hidden fees for set-up.
- Customer support is getting mixed reviews from customers.
- It is really more suitable for mid-sized businesses where cost does not play as much of a role in selection as it would with smaller businesses.
Price: Custom quote. The lowest price starts at $59 per month; $4 per person per month.
If you are a small business and are looking for an affordable payroll service, give OnPay a try. Not only do they provide full-service, automated payroll, they also have some HR features that will help you with your hiring needs, like offer letters and automated onboarding.
- Very affordable for full-service small businesses.
- Extremely intuitive interface.
- OnPay can tailor its services to your industry at no additional cost.
- They help you with setting up and importing data from your old payroll service with guaranteed accuracy.
- They file W-2s and 1099s at no extra cost.
- They only have one plan.
- They have no automatic payroll submission.
Price: $36 per month; $4 per person per month.
ADP is perhaps one of the biggest names in payroll and HR systems. They are a great fit for large companies and those that are growing rapidly. They are mainly a professional employer organization (PEO), which means larger businesses are their usual target consumers. But if your company does not have enough manpower for a PEO, RUN by ADP is their payroll service for SMEs.
- Plenty of HR add-ons plus dedicated HR and payroll assistance.
- Excellent HR support.
- ADP has multiple plans to choose from, all of which are customizable and scalable.
- They offer automatic tax filing.
- Their most basic plan already has plenty of HR support, like onboarding and health care compliance forms.
- Set up is not free.
- W-2 filing costs extra as an add-on.
- They do not publish their pricing.
- Best suited for larger businesses.
Price: No published price. You will need to fill out their forms for a quote.
Best payroll software for solar takeaways
Your choice of the best payroll software for solar will ultimately depend on what your company needs. So consider what you need and then compare it to what these payroll service providers have to offer.
Need a Business loan to grow solar installation business? Check out Capital for Business funding solutions or apply for a business loan today.
Leave a Reply